Due to the complexities involved in drafting and filing a patent, Patent Seekers Ltd strongly recommend the use of a registered patent attorney. Use the map below to find a registered patent attorney in your area. For patent attorney firms, please complete your company information for a free listing on our website. There is no charge for the listing, and neither do you need to be an existing customer to be included.
A patent attorney is an expert in the intellectual property law of their relevant country. Patent attorneys are specially trained, examined, and experienced in the drafting of patents and in knowledge of intellectual property law. You significantly increase your likelihood of gaining an effective patent if you use an attorney. Further information on attorneys can be found on The Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys website.
General information relating to Intellectual Property and in particular patents, designs and trademarks can be found at the following offices:
- UK Patent Office (UKIPO)
- European Parent Office (EPO)
- World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)
- US Patent Office (USPTO)
- Canadian Patent Office (CIPO)
- China National Intellectual Property Administration PRC (CNIPA)
- Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS)
- Japan Patent Office (JPO)
- IP Australia (IP Australia)
- National Industrial Property Institute (INPI)
- German Patent and Trademark Office (DPMA)